Living in an upstairs apartment it’s a bit extra work to make it to the community laundry room. Since I am also disabled this task is daunting & I often neglect the chore all together. Meaning I don’t have ready available clean laundry on demand. This limits how much I can accomplish – goals, appointments, or just getting out to clear psychic energy. We need to have clean laundry available on demand just to function as humans.
December 2017, I decided to remedy this problem by going to my AMAZON Prime account and search for portable washing machines. Now, I did not take this task lightly! I searched all the brands & then spent hours watching & reading reviews. I kept a list of required features needed in a portable washing machine & narrowed this list down by:
- weight capacity
- washing & spin dry compartments
- lint filter
- & filling hose / drain hose
- RPM – power it works at
FULL FEATURE LIST
- *twin tub – washer tub / spin dry tub
- large capacity (17lbs -11lbs washer, 6.6lbs spinner)
- seperate timer controls for washer side & spin side
- lint catcher
- washing time up to 15 minutes
- spin dry time up to 5 minutes
- *washing power 300w; really gets clothes clean!
- *spin dryer 1300rpm; really gets clothes almost completely dry!
- 1300rpm motor, voltage 110v/60hz
- gentle & regular washing settings
- light weight, easy to move
- Overall size:24.8″x14″x28.35″(LxWxH)
- use any liquid laundry detergent, stain removers, & fabric softener’s (avoid heavy bleach)
- PRICE = $120-135.
Yes, so you guys can see why this is the portable washer I picked! It is fantastic. I use it a couple times a week, it gets the clothes EXTREMELY clean & dry. Honestly, I only have to hang dry clothes for a few hours on most average temperature days (winter does take longer). Colors last longer when air drieed, so that’s a win!
TIPS FOR USING YOURS
- small to med loads:
- – heavy fabric loads = 2 pairs of jeans + 1 t-shirt size loads
- – medium-light fabric loads = 4 t-shirts, 2 shorts, 5 underwear
- save water: don’t draining the tub – remove clothes & add next load with a tad more soap if needed – (start with whites, move to colors with this method)
- keep weight of fabrics similar – don’t mix really heavy with light weight fabric’s
- hand wash light weight tshirts & gentle fabrics, then dry in spin dryer
- save on laundry deterget – mix one Tide pod with a dollar store brand liquid laundry detergent – works great!
- presoak in sink your heavy bleach items like whites, then rinse by hand & then wash in machine
Get the newsletter right in your inbox.
Just fill in & submit your info below.