GINGERBREAD COOKIE RECIPE
• 1/2 cup butter (1/2 stick) room tempurature
• 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
• 1 egg
• 3/4 cup molasses
• 3 cups all purpose flour
• 1/2 tsp baking soda
• 3/4 tsp salt
• 3/4 Tblspn ground ginger
• 3/4 Tblspn ground cinnamon
• 1/2 tsp cloves
• 1/2 tsp nutmeg
Wet Ingredients: Cream butter & brown sugar. Add egg, mix.
Dry Ingredients: Flour, spices, salt, baking soda – sift together or mix well
Mix: add dry to wet 1/2 flour mix at a times. Blend on medium until well combined.
Divide the batter into two equal parts & wrap each in plastic wrap, then refidgerate for 1 hour before baking.
Bake: 300-325* 12-18 min.
Less time for thin small cookies.
Dark cookie sheets remove lightly colored, they will darken after you remove them.
SHARE This recipe on Twitter! –>
ROYAL ICING RECIPE:
• 3 ounces pasteurized egg whites
• 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
• 4 cups confectioners’ sugar
This makes a thick icing. Add more powder sugar to thicken & add water 1/4 tsp at a time to thin. Outlining should make a peak and hold the shape, while flooding consistancy will ribbon & take 15 seconds for a line to disapear when spatula is dragged through it’s center.
1. Beat egg whites until fluffy
2. Beat in extract
3. Add confectioner’s sugar 1-3 min until fluffy.
Substitutions: You may use eggwhite powder, 3Tblsp’s.